Join us on Thursday, April 3, from 9:30 to 4 pm at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC for an all-day Archives Fair! Enter through the Special Events Entrance on 7th St. and Constitution Ave. The DC Caucus of MARAC and the National Archives Assembly are co-hosting this all-day Archives Fair. Archives-related groups and will be using the area outside the McGowan Theater as an exhibit hall.
You can watch our panel discussion online.
8:30-9:30 a.m. Coffee Hour and Exhibit Hall
9:30-10 a.m. Welcome and Introduction by the Archivist of the United States
10:00-11:30 a.m. Panel Discussion: Crowdsourcing for Enhanced Archival Access
- Elissa Frankle, moderator (US Holocaust Memorial Museum)
- Helena Zinkham (Library of Congress)
- Ching-Hsien Wang (Smithsonian)
- Meredith Stewart (National Archives)
11:30-1 p.m. Lunch & Exhibit Hall
1-2:30 p.m. Panel Discussion: Monuments Men Archives
- Barbara Aikens (Smithsonian)
- Dr. Greg Bradsher (National Archives)
- Maygene Daniels (National Gallery of Art Archives)
2:30-2:45 p.m. Break and Exhibit Hall
2:45-3:15 p.m. National Archival Authorities Cooperative (NAAC)
- John Martinez (National Archives)
- Jerry Simmons (National Archives)
3:15-3:45 p.m. Donations Partnership Database
- Dawn Sherman (National Archives)
- Meg Ryan (National Archives)
3:45-4 p.m. Closing Remarks and Exhibit Hall
We’ll be there! Especially excited to hear Ching-Hsien Wang’s talk on smithsoniantranscriptioncenter and our own Barbara Aikens on the Monuments Men. Please join us!