Last week, Digital Editor Janneken Smucker virtually sat down with Rina Benmayor and Linda Shopes, the guest editors of Oral History Review’s Winter/Spring 2019 issue special section, “The Contributions of Ronald J. Grele to Oral History.” In this installment of OHR Conversations, our guests share what all oral historians should know about their friend and colleague Ron.
View or listen to the recorded conversation featuring Rina Benmayor and Linda Shopes, interviewed by Janneken Smucker.
Don’t miss our Tribute to Ron Grele gallery featuring primary sources and candid photographs supplementing the special section.
Listen to audio only.
Read the entire special section, “The Contributions of Ronald J. Grele to Oral History.”
- Rina Benmayor and Linda Shopes, Guest Editors’ Introduction: “The Contributions of Ronald J. Grele to Oral History”
- Andor Skotnes, “Ronald J. Grele: History, Politics, and Stories”
- Alexander Freund, “Questioning Historians: Oral History as a Historiographic and Political Act”
- Luisa Passerini, “In Conversation with Ron Grele”
- John Kuo Wei Tchen, “The Poetics and Politics of Ron Grele’s Conversations”
- Mary Marshall Clark, “Ron Grele’s Lifelong Passion for Conversational Narrative”
- Ronald J. Grele, Comment.
- Ronald J. Grele: Selected Bibliography